Friday, June 15, 2012

Malibu Wines

Last weekend I had the pleasure of celebrating a few birthdays at Malibu Wines in…Malibu. It’s a really beautiful venue with lots of tables, umbrellas to block the sun, Adirondack chairs to relax in, live music, and of course, wine. My chair even had a little cut-out on one of the arms to slip a wine glass stem through for safekeeping – um, genius.

The place encourages that you bring your own picnic, and our group brought lots of dishes to share. I made red velvet cake balls based on this recipe over at Bakerella. They are soooo delicious! I covered them with rainbow sprinkles which automatically makes them doubly as tasty.

wine

My bestie and me a few glasses in (and sharing a chair)

wine2

These folks know how to jazz up a lawn.

This weekend I’m going to begin celebrating my birthday (a full ten days in advance!) with a few girlfriends in Newport Beach. It’s my golden birthday so I feel like it’s okay. I will be in full Tiara mode. This is how I feel about wearing a tiara. And I’m not afraid to show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment