In my dream world, I would buy a new dress for every occasion. Also in my dream world, I would consider things like “checking the mail” an occasion, so this is actually not a feasible thing. Instead, I often buy dresses with no particular occasion in mind. When I see something that sparkles, I need no justification for purchase.
The dress I wore on my birthday I saw and immediately knew it must be mine. It’s pink, sparkly, and by Kitson, which I formerly thought just made kitschy novelty items and t-shirts making references to pop culture.
Here are some other dresses that inspired me. Most of them are in the gold color family, as I thought that would be appropriate for a golden birthday.
This one by Alice + Olivia. It’s even called a princess dress.
Love the bow detail on the back of this skirt.
Soooo sparkly and fluffy.
Sometimes it’s good to have a simple design if you choose to cover yourself in shiny things.
If I had prom to do over…
Not sure why this French Connection dress is called Rainbow as it appears to be yellow and silver, but I’m still down.
And of course, my style icon knocks all of those out of the park. Let me get at that dress, Tay!
No comments:
Post a Comment