Last night I experienced what is to be the first of many concerts at the Santa Monica Pier. The Twilight Concert Series is now in its 28th year. Every Thursday, from July 5 to September 6, a new band will be showcased at the pier, ranging from Reggae to Indie Pop to Brass Band, among many other styles.
We ate at Pier Burger beforehand, a new restaurant that was pretty tasty. I think I’ll try their frozen custard next time. We also bought some of the kettle corn they were selling on the pier, which was deeeeelicious but perhaps maybe a mistake as it’s a huge bag and for whatever reason I was literally shoving it in my mouth nonstop. We also visited the Sonoma wine garden tent they had set up and enjoyed a Pacifico.
It started raining right as the opening act performed, but I actually didn’t mind. One of my favorite things is rain at the beach.
Next time, I'll definitely head down to the beach area to stake out a spot where you can also view the stage. I'll be bringing a blanket and maybe some food and drink to enjoy. Cheers to summer nights.
P.S. Just purchased Emily's new book! Excited for a fun read.
No comments:
Post a Comment