Monday, July 16, 2012

Beach Day

This weekend I went to the beach for my first true beach day of the summer. Due to “May Gray” and “June Gloom” it wasn’t really warm enough by my Floridian standards for the beach.

While it was supposed to be about 72 degrees, the day remained cloudy for the most part – “July Cry,” anyone?

Regardless, add in beach volleyball and some ice cold BL nums and you’ve still got yourself a pretty good beach day.

2012-07-14 18.29.15

Eventually the sun did come out – check out the difference between the above pic and the one below!

2012-07-14 17.29.18

I don’t actually participate in the ball playing because I can’t bring myself to stand directly under it. I just close my eyes at the last second and run away. Instead, I provided carrots and pretzels to hungry players. And next time I WILL STICK MY HEAD IN THE PACIFIC OCEAN. Along with the rest of my body. Full submersion.

After, we went to Wurstkuche in Venice and I had the Vegetarian Smoked Apple Hotdog. Delish. I didn’t get the fries, but I had a lot of other people’s fries so now I know to get them next time.

IMG_4516

My friend Nealie was in from San Diego (where she was on a work trip, she lives in FL).

We went to Other Room in Venice from there.

IMG_4551

Nealie & I

IMG_4542

Me and ValPal:

IMG_4535

Normal:

IMG_4536

We’re actually imitating an adorable dog named Carl (he has a twitter, find him @carlthedog) who my roommate has been petsitting for a friend. He’s got soulful eyes and I let him sleep on my bed. BIG STEP, PEOPLE.

This weekend I’m hoping to try out a new (vegetarian friendly) breakfast place and maybe head out to the beach again.

Tata!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment