Over the years, as the format of the show becomes increasingly predictable to a seasoned viewer, I found myself fast forwarding to the end, when the elimination begins. This is the good stuff. This season, the "winner" wore a one-shoulder gold gown, and the "loser" wore a silver racer back dress. I've seen the Olympics, so I knew how it was going to go down. I didn't particularly appreciate either of their choices, but it got me thinking about what I would wear if I ever go on the Bachelor and make it to the final two. Which I would, because at this point I could write a handbook on this show. And then I would do the crazy switchup where the contestant reveals she has a boyfriend. Bam! Anyway, here are my choices, for the Bachelor, my next (and first) black tie wedding, or in the instance I get famous and get asked to Prom again. Or just for sitting around. Or heading to Trader Joe's. Actually, I went to Whole Foods recently sort of dressed up and it was really awkward. So I don't recommend that. Even if you're like, Hellooooo I am clearly just buying a bottle of cool champagne to share before I go out somewhere really cool, all you sad people who are not doing that!
Anyway, here are my choices, courtesy of Rent the Runway.
I die. Obviously, I am a winner. With the eye of a crow.
Because I am a fairytale princess and I should be allowed to reflect that with all my netting and flounce. Also, I would have a more princessy look on my face. Because I would rule with a magnanimous fist. Except don't borrow my dress.
This one is aptly named meteor shower. I would expect this song to play every time I enter a room. Which is by a band I used to listen to a lot in college. Which I hope wouldn't trick my subconscious into thinking I should behave as a college student. That wouldn't be becoming of a lady in such a dress.
And lastly, this number. So floaty and airy and delicate, like a queen of the snowflakes and peppermints. And, let me tell you, I am a fan of the figure skating style mesh. For sure. For always.
All these dresses are stunning! Great finds.
ReplyDeleteAli of
www.dressingken.com