Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Little Pink Room

At the end of April, I’ll be moving out of the house I have shared with three girls since 2010. When I first moved in, I painted my room pink, because I’ve always wanted to. Rainbows and flowers and sparkles abound. It’s super girly, so much so that we named my room The Unicorn Grove when we first moved in. The other girls named theirs The Belfry and The Duck Pond, if my memory serves me correctly. Our house we named the Bunny Hole, since we were all born in the year of the Rabbit. A lot of fun times have been had at the Bunny Hole, and I will really miss living here. While I’m sort of looking forward to developing a new, semi-adult style, today I looked around my little pink room and took note of all the things I’ll miss about it.

2013-03-13 08.06.24

The display of all the sweet cards I’ve received over the past year. I hung them on a string calendar from 2011 my brother and sister-in-law gave me.

2013-03-13 08.06.06

The Woodruff Ave vintage sign I found at the Rose Bowl Flea Market. It’s resting on my bookshelf now. (Woodruff is my last name.)

2013-03-13 08.07.40

The anthro knobs I hung by my closet to hang my baubles on.

2013-03-13 08.06.56

This candle, which I’m literally burning out. I have big plans to refill it with my own homemade candle, though!

2013-03-13 08.08.12

The window that makes my room the hottest in the house. While that may not be ideal for some, this Florida girl thrives in the heat. As does this little baby succulent Valerie gave me. Look, he’s so alive, Val!

2013-03-13 08.07.23

This quote inspires me to live and act extraordinarily, even in ordinary circumstances. Here’s to the beginning of a new Fairy Tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment